Sunday, June 28, 2009

12 years ago...

...I married J. Kyle Parker.

Little did I know that it would be a crazy and wild ride. On one's anniversary one does a lot of looking back at what has happened not only over the last year, but also over the years that one has been married. There are a lot of good things to remember, and a lot of adventures for Kyle and me. Little did I know that just about this time as the ceremony was over in Dallas, Texas that I would end up in Eugene, Oregon being a senior pastor's wife. There is no judgement in that statement for the good or the bad - I don't remember thinking a whole lot about where we would be in 12 years. Of course, I would say that is a theme in my life. I study art in school because I loved it, and not because I thought it was a great plan of opportunity for my life! :) I am not too much of a dreamer. I knew that I loved Kyle, and that he would take me places. It was his job to dream it, and my job to make the details come together!

I have loved the last 12 years of marriage with all the ups, downs, and in betweens. I love being where we are now. I love that I can say I have known Kyle for 16 years come this August. I love that I love Kyle more today than I did on our wedding day because I know his heart more today than I did 12 years ago! I love our life with the kids - all the joys and frustrations that brings. I am thankful to God for granting me this life! May I always be this thankful.

Happy Anniversary Kyle Parker!

5 comments:

Caroline Little said...

Congratulations you guys on twelve years! What a beautiful entry.

sojourner said...

I am going to do an entry RIGHT NOW about this day twelve years ago...you beat me to it! What joyful memories of the wedding day, and after! Happy Anniversary, you two!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Gretchen. Those are lovely thoughts. I'm already trying to compose my own thoughts on my upcoming 20th in July!

granma said...

Gretchen what a beautiful entry. Happy Anniversary to you kids. I love both of you and thank you so much for giving me such beautiful grandchildren.

Laura Young said...

happy anniversary! and i love your sidewalk! i think all four pictures were completely necessary to give a true feel for the beauty of the walk.... way to go!