Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jack...

Jack was very upset the morning of this picture.  The night before we had gone to a carnival at his new school for next year.  He had won enough tickets to go and pick out a prize.  He chose some groovy new sunglasses with blue lenses.  He was in love.  The next morning he was playing with them.  It was time for a shower so I told him to take them off and come get in the shower.  Somehow between the shower they went missing - and we could not find them.  Now if you know Jack at all - this was very upsetting news.   He spent the rest of the morning pouting and crying.  Kyle and I tried talking with him - they will turn up, we haven't left the house so they have to be here, there is no reason to be this upset, etc.  In my brilliance, I wanted to take a picture of the kids because I have been a little slow in that department lately.  I made him pose, and the picture above is what I got.  I laugh because it is classic, and really shows the emotions he was feeling at the time.  I was a good enough mom to realize that that was all I was going to get, and not to try any harder.  Well done me!  And just so you know, the sunglasses turned up that day after naps and a little more cleaning up on my part.  Well done me twice!

1 comment:

sojourner said...

classic Jack! Love the look.