Sunday, June 28, 2009

And then there was a sidewalk...

One might think that four pictures of a new sidewalk are overkill, but I wanted to do it justice.
This is the end where our sidewalk meets the city's street sidewalk. Notice the lovely new sod to fill in the gap where the edging for the sidewalk is underneath.
A nice long view as one would see when they are about to embark on the walnut brick path to the front door.
A wet newly wash path looking down from the front door.
A nice view out the kitchen window. This is what I see when I am doing the dishes!

Kyle and others worked so hard to get this project done, and it only took us less than a week to totally complete. Yeah us! :) We are really going to enjoy the sidewalk, and those visiting us will really like walking directly to the front door from their car. Also it gives me a little place to do some more flowers in pots as accent pieces for color! Yeah me!

4 comments:

sojourner said...

Looks grand! I can see a flower bed along the walk...at some other point in time!

granma said...

good job! I really like the pattern that it has.

DINAH CLAIRE said...

Hey! This looks really good! And I must say, it will be an improvement, come winter, to walking through the wet grass or sidling between cars in the driveway to get to the door. Great idea, that house of yours is looking fantastic.

kimom said...

yay for pictures! 4 was definitely NOT too many! =) Some of us need more than one or two... Thanks so much for posting them. Grace to you from Uganda, Kim & fam