Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Strawberry picking...

This was actually at the end of the picking - notice the full bucket.
I had never made it to strawberry picking since living in Oregon. The smell of the field was amazing. I wanted to bottle it and bring it home! I loved the rows and rows of berries.
Jack mostly ran up and down the rows with short stops to pick a berry and eat it!
A usual "Jack" pose - watching and waiting while others work.
Molly showing me the berry she so carefully picked and was ready to eat.

We had a wonderful day to go berry picking. We went with some friends. It was fun to travel to the country and see the hillside. I wanted to bring trucks and trucks of berries home, but have no where to put them all. We may go back next week to pick some for freezing. I never knew fresh picked berries could be so good!

2 comments:

granma said...

When I was younger, we used to go to the strawberry fields and I just loved them. I am glad that you all got to experience that. Kyle used to grow strawberries on the side of our house and they turned out very good. Maybe you all could plant some, yes/maybe? Jack is going to make a good overseer some day. Looks like he has that down pat! (big smile) Molly looks like she just belongs there. That sweet little girl adorning the field!

sojourner said...

OOOOH, how I wish I could pick some with you! Don't know where you can do that here, but surely somewhere!